Diamond Cab - Diamond Taxi driver tailgated me, drove on wrong side of road, assaulted me

I was driving on MacArthur Blvd. in Cabin John, Maryland on July 6, 2014, when I noticed in my rear view mirror a diamond can tailgating me very, very closely.

I was going 35 in a 30, so he had no reason to. He started to honk and tailgate even more. He then tried to pass me on a double yellow lines accelerating to 50 or so, but then couldn't because of oncoming traffic. I stopped to get out to ask him for his license number and stuff, and then he got out and started verbally assaulting me, and then assaulted me by hitting my hand and iPhone when I started to video record him.

I picked up the phone, recorded him ranting and gesticulating and trying to defend his outrageous behavior. He then got in the cab and drove around me in a violent and fast manner.

He needs his license revoked. I called the company and they seemed hostile, and I don't want to give names and go to court and stuff, but this *** ME OFF and I recommend staying away from this company and this driver if possible.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 06, 2014.

Comments

Kokomo, Indiana, United States #959090

I agree, you dont stop your car in hopes of the other person stops as well..thats a recipe for disaster. .you sound like you have issues

purplerosey

Cab drivers do have a tendency to drive fast. That being said you exasperated the situation by stopping and getting out of your car. You were plain asking for trouble and showing some road rage.

Diamond Cab - Do not use this taxi company to any Disney Parks!!!

We used this Diamond Cab Company to go to Magic Kingdom from our hotel in Florida. We asked the driver what will the estimate price and he told us around $20 something dollars. Once we got to the magic kingdom gate there security guy asking for his drop off permit. The taxi driver say he doesn't have a permit. The security say then told the cab driver he has to pay $15.00 drop off fee. The taxi driver made us to pay for it and told us Magic Kingdom will reimburse us back at the gift shop.

This white diamond taxi company does not have a permit for Disney guestdrop off. The driver had NEVER inform us that there will be a extra $15 to just to be drop off at the gate. The taxi driver made us pay the extra $15 drop off fee and he refused to pay for the fee. He lied to us and gave us the drop off parking receipt and told us to bring the receipt to the magic kingdom gift shop and they will refund us back for the $15.00. Magic Kingdom employee said the taxi driver is supposed to pay for the drop off parking fee and not us. They said they had too many issue about taxi driver not paying the drop off fee and stop honoring refunds to customers.

Bottom line is this taxi company is not honest. My $20 something taxi ride came out to be a $45 Cab ride. The disney employee told us from now on only use Yellow colored taxi color cab to Disney properties.

We are just upset the cab driver never told us we had to pay extra fee. He should had told us before we got into the cab.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 21, 2013.

Comments

I have had many experiences with this company along with business ventures and find it to be very fair and honest. That is one bad apple in a bunch of A+ bushels, if you get my drift.

I know of many people who will attest to this factor as well.

The owner and 99.9 % of their drivers are top-of-the-line professionals who get the job done, at ease and really make the clients feel special. The owner would not accept anything less.

That's not the taxi company fault for dropping off at Disney park Disney only wants to work with a company named mears If you should be mad at anyone is Disney for having the greed to charge companies to drop off not even park just to drop off at the parks

Why is Disney charging taxi that are droping of paying cistetmers??? Sound like the problem is disney not the taxi driver

to gam #750263